In partnership with the New Anglia LEP, Norfolk & Suffolk Care Support and Norse, this event is designed to support the professional development of Health & Social Care teachers and careers advisers, enabling them to deliver an enhanced curriculum and well-informed choices to students.
The adult social care sector is changing, and with it the career pathways available. The implications of the Care Act 2014, ever-closer integration between health and social care, extended life expectancy and changes to the traditional delivery of social care are all having an impact.
Norfolk & Suffolk Care Support (N&SCS) is a not for profit company which supports the social care workforce by providing information, advice and guidance to care providers, disseminating funding for workforce development and promoting adult social care as a career option.
This new CPD event will include:
- N&SCS produced DVD for schools and colleges, highlighting exciting careers in social care
- Better understanding of career pathways in social care and opportunity to hear from young employees
- Presentations from key speakers within social care from a variety of different settings
- Opportunity to explore work placements and apprenticeships
- Introduction to Bowthorpe Care Village, providing housing with care and specialist dementia care